This is the first workshop in the series of Operating System (OS) Use Workshops. Focused towards Windows 10 beginner users, this would also be useful to users of Windows 7 and 8.
OS Use Workshops
This series of workshops will require that you bring your own laptop. If you do not own a laptop, we may be able to arrange a temporary computer for you to borrow. Each session is one and a half hours and we will go at the pace you are comfortable with! If you have specific things you would like to learn, I am sure I can accommodate.
Places are limited to 6 seats per session. To book your place please contact me, Connor, via firstname.lastname@example.org or buy your spot online here
What does this workshop series cover?
- What is Windows OS?
- Windows vs MacOSX vs Linux
- Difference between programs, apps and the OS
- Setting up and customising your user ac count
- Changing name, avatar and password
- Setting default applications
- Customising theme and layout
- Changing power settings
- Using the OS
- Cortana and search
- What should you avoid?
- Installing and Uninstalling programs
- What should you install?
- Runtimes, what are they?
- How to install and uninstall apps
- Keeping your OS healthy
- Keeping files organised
- Shutting down, sleeping and hibernating
- Backing data up
- Advanced Techniques
- Diagnosing issues
- Updating the OS
- Using the process viewer
- How to deal with problem programs